Spanish for Getting Along: Basic Spanish Series
by Ana Jarvis, Raquel Lebredo
Important Notice: Media content referenced within the product description or the product text may not be available in the ebook version.
The Politics of Freeing Markets in Latin America
by Judith A. Teichman
Teichman considers both internal and external influences on the process of Latin American market reform, anchoring her investigation in the historical, political, and cultural contexts unique to each country, while also highlighting the important role played by such international actors as the World Bank and the International Monetary Fund (IMF). Informed by interviews with more than one hundred senior officials involved in the reform process, her analysis reveals that while the initial stage of market reform is associated with authoritarian political practices, later phases witness a rise in the importance of electoral democracy. She concludes, however, that the legacy of authoritarian decision making represents a significant obstacle to substantive democratization.
Lonely Planet Argentina
by Lonely Planet, Isabel Albiston, Gregor Clark, Alex Egerton, Michael Grosberg, Anna Kaminski, Carolyn McCarthy, Anja Mutic, Adam Skolnick, Cathy Brown
Lonely Planet: The world’s number one travel guide publisher*
Lonely Planet’s Argentina is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Watch enormous icebergs calve from Glaciar Perito Moreno, tour wineries and enjoy the finished product around Mendoza, and hike the rugged Fitz Roy Range for stunning mountain views – all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Argentina and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet’s Argentina:
- Color maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips – hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets – eating, sleeping, sightseeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights provide a richer, more rewarding travel experience – covering history, people, music, landscapes, wildlife, cuisine, politics
- Over 84 maps for easy navigation
- Covers Buenos Aires, The Pampas & the Atlantic Coast, Iguazu Falls & the Northeast, Salta & the Andean Northwest, Córdoba & the Central Sierras, Mendoza & the Central Andes, Bariloche & the Lake District, Patagonia, Falkland Islands/Islas Malvinas, Tierra del Fuego, Uruguay, and more
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices and smartphones)
- Downloadable PDF and offline maps prevent roaming and data charges
- Effortlessly navigate and jump between maps and reviews
- Add notes to personalise your guidebook experience
- Seamlessly flip between pages
- Bookmarks and speedy search capabilities get you to key pages in a flash
- Embedded links to recommendations’ websites
- Zoom-in maps and images
- Inbuilt dictionary for quick referencing
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet’s Argentina is our most comprehensive guide to the country, and is designed to immerse you in the culture and help you discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
Looking for more extensive city coverage? Check out Lonely Planet’s Buenos Aires for a comprehensive look at all the capital has to offer.
About Lonely Planet: Lonely Planet is a leading travel media company and the world’s number one travel guidebook brand, providing both inspiring and trustworthy information for every kind of traveller since 1973. Over the past four decades, we’ve printed over 145 million guidebooks and grown a dedicated, passionate global community of travellers. You’ll also find our content online, and in mobile apps, video, 14 languages, nine international magazines, armchair and lifestyle books, ebooks, and more.
TripAdvisor Travelers’ Choice Awards 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016 winner in Favorite Travel Guide category
‘Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.’ – New York Times
‘Lonely Planet. It’s on everyone’s bookshelves; it’s in every traveller’s hands. It’s on mobile phones. It’s on the Internet. It’s everywhere, and it’s telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.’ – Fairfax Media (Australia)
*Source: Nielsen BookScan: Australia, UK, USA, 5/2016-4/2017
Important Notice: The digital edition of this book may not contain all of the images found in the physical edition.
Moon Handbooks Patagonia
by Wayne Bernhardson
by Wayne Bernhardson
Patagonia’s staggering landscapes, titanic glaciers, and rugged mountains evoke mystery and inspire self-discovery. Explore the ends of the earth with Moon Patagonia.
What You’ll Find in Moon Patagonia:
- Expert author and world traveler Wayne Bernhardson shares his perspective on his favorite place on earth
- Full-color guidebook with vibrant, helpful photos
- Detailed directions and maps for getting around and exploring on your own
- Strategic itineraries, including The Best of Patagonia, Wildlife Encounters, Explore the Natural World, Glacier Gazing, and Classic Patagonia Road Trips
- Activities and ideas for every traveler: Hike the glacier of Perito Moreno National Park, or glimpse Patagonia’s pre-Colombian past at Cueva de las Manos. See penguins and marine mammals off the coast of the Falkland Islands, or visit Chile’s lakes district, home to the Mapuche people. Savor authentic asado at a local ranch, and go horseback riding through the Torres mountains. Sample seafood in Santiago, or take in tango in Buenos Aires
- In-depth coverage for Buenos Aires, Santiago de Chile, Northern Argentine Patagonia, The Chilean Lakes District, Aisén and Continental Chiloé, Southern Argentine Patagonia, Magallanes, Argentine Tierra del Fuego, and the Falkland Islands
- Accurate information, including background on the landscape, culture, history, and environment
- Handy tools such as travel tips and safety information in an easy-to-navigate format, all packaged in a book light enough to fit in your daypack
With Moon Patagonia‘s practical tips, myriad activities, and an insider’s view on the best things to do and see, you can plan your trip your way.