Atkins Diet eBook Gift Set (2 for 1)
by Taylor Trade Publishing
by LiveWell Health
The Cando Diet EBook was developed on the back of rising obesity rates worldwide to help make sense of what dieting really is. There are far too many fad diets out there cutting out key food groups in order to help people lose weight quickly at the expense of their own health.
We have therefore put together many years of nutrition and personal training knowledge born out of service in the UK Special Forces to educate people on true nutrition and true weight loss. Effective weight loss that will help you lose the weight you want quickly but more importantly healthily and so you can keep it off forever.
We have already helped thousands of people lose weight and keep it off for good, we now want to extend this worldwide and start those who have the drive to succeed on the right path to sustainable weight loss and lead them to a much healthier life.
Belly Fat Diet For Dummies
by Erin Palinski-Wade
The fast and easy way to lose belly fat
Lowering body weight can reverse or prevent diabetes; lower blood pressure, cholesterol, and triglyceride levels; and improve sleep apnea and other sleep problems. The easy recipes and exercises outlined in Belly Fat Diet For Dummies gives you the edge you need to shed unwanted pounds and gain muscle tone.
Do you carry extra weight around your midsection? Belly Fat Diet For Dummies gives you practical, trusted advice for shedding it—the fast and healthy way. You’ll get a proven, 14-day quick-start program that guarantees results within days: a no-gym fitness plan that starts with a fat-melting, bodyweight-only workout and progresses to more advanced exercises further toning and tightening your belly. Plus, you’ll get over 40 delicious belly-burning recipes to help you manage your weight.
- A no-gym fitness plan that starts with a fat-melting bodyweight-only workout and then progresses to a more advanced exercises futher toning and tightening your belly
- Over 40 delicious belly-burning recipes
- Loads of options customized for: carboholics, meat lovers, chicken and seafood fans, chocoholics, fast-food junkies, diabetics, and vegans
- Includes useful tips, body-sculpting exercises, and delicious recipes using superfoods to help shrink your waistline
- A comprehensive maintenance plan to help you stay on track
Belly Fat Diet For Dummies is a complete and informative guide that makes shedding weight practical and fun—with results in days.
The 8-Hour Diet
by David Zinczenko, Peter Moore
After conducting extensive research at the Salk Institute and the National Institute on Aging, poring over copious amounts of new research in intermittent fasting, and engaging 2,000 people for a test panel, bestselling authors David Zinczenko and Peter Moore determined that people can lose remarkable amounts of weight eating the foods they like best—as long as they eat within a set 8-hour time period. Fasting is, of course, an ancient spiritual and health practice, but it’s also a way to sidestep many of the ills of the modern world—including diabetes, heart disease, and cognitive impairment.
Zinczenko and Moore demonstrate how simply observing this timed-eating strategy, even just three days a week, will reset your metabolism so that you can enter fat-burning mode first thing in the morning—and stay there all day long. And by focusing on eight critical, nutrient-rich Powerfoods, you can build in a second layer of protection against Alzheimer’s, heart disease, and even the common cold.
In the book, you will find motivating strategies, delicious recipes, and an 8-minute workout routine to maximize calorie burn. The 8-Hour Diet promises to strip away unwanted pounds and give you the focus and willpower you need to reach your goals for weight loss and life.
by Marco Borges
Accessible and easy-to-follow, The Greenprint is a movement to embrace your absolute best and healthiest life. Through his more than two decades of experience working with clients, including some of the world’s biggest celebrities, and spearheading exercise and nutrition research, Borges developed the groundbreaking “22 Laws of Plants,” which he’s determined are the most important plant-based diet, exercise, and lifestyle secrets for losing weight, increasing energy, boosting metabolism, and reducing inflammation, not to mention helping minimize your carbon imprint to help the planet. The Greenprint outlines three simple, step-by-step plans to implement the 22 Laws into your life, depending on where you are on your journey. Whether you are ready for a gradual shift or excited to tackle them all full-on, in just weeks you will be on your way to a healthier, cleaner approach to eating that includes plenty of whole grains, bountiful veggies, legumes, nuts and more. You’ll also find meal plans, more than 60 delicious recipes, countless tips, and inspirational stories to help you along the way. Take control of your diet, create your own Greenprint and forever alter your weight, your health and the planet.
Flat Belly Diet!
by Liz Vaccariello, Cynthia Sass
With the Flat Belly Diet you can:
- Lose inches in just 4 days
- Drop up to 15 pounds in 32 days
- Boost your energy as the weight falls off!
Prevention, America’s most trusted healthy-living magazine, presents the New York Times-bestseller Flat Belly Diet in paperback–now with a new foreword by Dr. David L. Katz describing new research about the many health and weight loss benefits of this amazing eating plan. Enjoy delicious dishes such as Seared Wild Salmon with Mango Salsa, Slow Cooker Chili, and Pumpkin-Maple Cheesecake–and you will lose belly inches and greatly enhance your likelihood of living a longer and healthier life.
Williams’ Essentials of Nutrition & Diet Therapy – Elsevier eBook on VitalSource (Retail Access Card)
by Eleanor Schlenker, PhD, RD, Joyce Ann Gilbert
Learn the latest nutrition and diet therapies for treating common diseases. Williams’ Essentials of Nutrition & Diet Therapy, 12th Edition offers a solid foundation in the fundamental knowledge and skills you need to provide effective patient care. It addresses nutrition across the lifespan and includes the 2015 Dietary Goals for Americans as well as MyPlate for Older Adults. This exceptionally reader-friendly text features evidence-based information, real-world case scenarios, colorful illustrations, boxes, and tables to help you learn how to apply essential nutrition concepts and therapies in clinical practice.
- Strong community focus is threaded throughout with robust coverage of health promotion, cultural competence, patient safety, lifespan, and public health issues.
- Focus on Culture boxes introduce you to cultural competence and the special nutritional needs, health problems, and appropriate interventions applicable to different cultural, ethnic, racial and age groups.
- Focus on Food Safety boxes alert you to food safety issues related to a particular nutrient, age group, or medical condition.
- Health Promotion section devoted solely to health promotion and wellness stresses healthy lifestyle choices and prevention as the best “medicine.”
- Diet-Medication Interactions boxes provide diet-warnings related to specific prescription drugs.
- Evidence-Based Practice boxes summarize current research findings.
- Complementary and Alternative Medicine (CAM) boxes offer uses, contraindications, and advantages/disadvantages of common types of herbs and supplements and potential interactions with prescription or over-the-counter medications.
- Perspective in Practice boxes supply you with practice elements for nutrition education.
- Key terms identified in the text and defined on the page help reinforce critical concepts.
- NEW! Includes the 2015 Dietary Goals for Americans which covers the latest guidelines and medications.
- NEW! MyPlate for Older Adults developed by the Tufts University Human Research Center on Aging and the AARP Foundation replaces former Food Guide Pyramid.
- NEW! Newly-approved Nutrition Labeling Guidelines incorporated into text along with the latest medications, research findings, and clinical treatment therapies.
- NEW! New and refreshed case studies illustrate key concepts in authentic, “real-life” scenarios that reinforce learning and promote nutritional applications.
- NEW! Expanded coverage of health promotion includes strategies for implementation.
- NEW! New coverage of text messages for nutrition and health information includes what to watch out for when visiting health-related web sites.
The Hallelujah Diet
by George H. Malkmus, Peter Shockey, Stowe Shockey
Diet for a New America
by John Robbins
In Section I, John Robbins takes an extraordinary look at our dependence on animals for food and the inhumane conditions under which these animals are raised. It becomes clear that the price we pay for our eating habits is measured in the suffering of animals, a suffering so extreme and needless that it disrupts our very place in the web of life.
Section II challenges the belief that consuming meat is a requirement for health by pointing our the vastly increased rate of disease caused by pesticides, hormones, additives, and other chemicals now a routine part of our food production. The author shows us that the high health risk is unnecessary, and that the production, preparation, and consumption of food can once again be a healthy process.
In Section III, Robbins looks at the global implications of a meat-based diet and concludes that the consumption of the resources necessary to produce meat is a major factor in our ecological crisis.
Diet for a New America is the single most eloquent argument for a vegetarian lifestyle ever published. Eloquently, evocatively, and entertainingly written, it is a cant put down book guaranteed to amaze, infuriate, but ultimately educate and empower the reader. A pivotal book nominated for the Pulitzer Prize for Non-Fiction in 1987.