ByArchitecture, Bibles, Biography & Autobiography, Body, Buddhist stories, Business & Economics, Comics & Graphic Novels, Computers, Cooking, Detective and mystery stories, Drama, Education, England, English, Family & Relationships, Fiction, Foreign Language Study, Gardening, Health & Fitness, History, Holmes, House & Home, Humor, Indic, Juvenile Fiction, Juvenile Nonfiction, Language Arts & Disciplines, Legends, Literary Collections, Literary Criticism, Manasā Hindu deity, Mathematics, Medical, Mind & Spirit, Music, Mythology, Nature, Performing Arts, Philosophy, Photography, Poetry, Political Science, Psychology, Reference, Religion, Science, SelfHelp, Sherlock Fictitious character, Social Science, Sports & Recreation, Technology & Engineering, times herald, Transportation, Travel, True Crime, Uncategorized, Washington post, Washington Post 1877, Watergate Affair, Young Adult Fiction, Young Adult Nonfiction— — Posted in
The Grand Galloping Gala
by Cari Meister
Real Leaders Wear Pink
by Donna L. Thomas-Rodgers
The Gamer’s Brain
by Celia Hodent
Making a successful video game is hard. Even games that are successful at launch may fail to engage and retain players in the long term due to issues with the user experience (UX) that they are delivering. The game user experience accounts for the whole experience players have with a video game, from first hearing about it to navigating menus and progressing in the game. UX as a discipline offers guidelines to assist developers in creating the experience they want to deliver, shipping higher quality games (whether it is an indie game, AAA game, or “serious game”), and meeting their business goals while staying true to their design and artistic intent.
In a nutshell, UX is about understanding the gamer’s brain: understanding human capabilities and limitations to anticipate how a game will be perceived, the emotions it will elicit, how players will interact with it, and how engaging the experience will be. This book is designed to equip readers of all levels, from student to professional, with neuroscience knowledge and user experience guidelines and methodologies. These insights will help readers identify the ingredients for successful and engaging video games, empowering them to develop their own unique game recipe more efficiently, while providing a better experience for their audience.
- Provides an overview of how the brain learns and processes information by distilling research findings from cognitive science and psychology research in a very accessible way. Topics covered include: “neuromyths”, perception, memory, attention, motivation, emotion, and learning.
- Includes numerous examples from released games of how scientific knowledge translates into game design, and how to use a UX framework in game development.
- Describes how UX can guide developers to improve the usability and the level of engagement a game provides to its target audience by using cognitive psychology knowledge, implementing human-computer interaction principles, and applying the scientific method (user research).
- Provides a practical definition of UX specifically applied to games, with a unique framework. Defines the most relevant pillars for good usability (ease of use) and good “engage-ability” (the ability of the game to be fun and engaging), translated into a practical checklist.
- Covers design thinking, game user research, game analytics, and UX strategy at both a project and studio level.
- Offers unique insights from a UX expert and PhD in psychology who has been working in the entertainment industry for over 10 years.
- This book is a practical tool that any professional game developer or student can use right away and includes the most complete overview of UX in games existing today.
by Loera Publishing LLC
The Gift of Fear
by Gavin De Becker
The baby-sitter you’ve just hired makes you uneasy–what should you do?
You sense you are being followed –do you confront the stranger…or run?
A fired employee says “You’ll be sorry”–should you take him seriously?
A person in the elevator you are about to enter just doesn’t look right–do you wait for the next car?
A date won’t take “no” for an answer. The new nanny gives a mother an uneasy feeling. A stranger in a deserted parking lot offers unsolicited help. The threat of violence surrounds us every day. But we can protect ourselves, by learning to trust–and act on–our gut instincts.
In this empowering book, Gavin de Becker, the man Oprah Winfrey calls the nation’s leading expert on violent behavior, shows you how to spot even subtle signs of danger–before it’s too late. Shattering the myth that most violent acts are unpredictable, de Becker, whose clients include top Hollywood stars and government agencies, offers specific ways to protect yourself and those you love, including…how to act when approached by a stranger…when you should fear someone close to you…what to do if you are being stalked…how to uncover the source of anonymous threats or phone calls…the biggest mistake you can make with a threatening person…and more. Learn to spot the danger signals others miss. It might just save your life.
by Triumph Books
Diary of a Roblox Noob
by Robloxia Kid
The Amazing Book is Not on Fire
by Dan Howell, Phil Lester
From YouTube sensations Dan Howell (danisnotonfire) and Phil Lester (AmazingPhil) comes a laugh-out-loud look into the world created by two awkward guys who share their lives on the Internet. More than 8 million YouTube subscribers can’t wait for this book!
Since uploading their first ever videos as teenagers, Dan and Phil have become two of the world’s biggest YouTube stars. Now they invite you on a behind-the-scenes journey, filled with absolutely essential advice, tons of humor, lots of awkwardness, and TMI honesty that they will probably regret. Here’s just a small sample of the fun surprises readers can look forward to:
* The inside story of that time they met One Direction.
* Excerpts from Phil’s teenage diary.
* Reasons why Dan’s a fail (so far).
* How to draw the perfect cat whiskers.
* Reasons why Phil was such a weird kid (back then).
* Quizzes! Which of their dining room chairs represents you emotionally?
* What really happened in Vegas. . . .
In The Amazing Book Is Not on Fire, Dan and Phil are candid, heartfelt, and hilarious. Their struggles and success haven’t changed their strong friendship or their core belief that it’s okay to be weird. The cat whiskers come from within!
This full-color book is bursting with unseen photographs and drawings, making it an ideal gift for that hard-to-shop-for teen.
How to Draw Fortnite
by Osie Publishing
The #2 Unofficial How to Draw Fortnite: Learn to Draw Items, Weapons, Bags, Tools (Volume 2) and Color! Fun by learning via 20 Fortnite Drawings for Kids is a great way to spend your free time. This book will keep children entertained for hours. It also serves as a fantastic gift for any occasion.
Inside you will find:
Drawings of your favorite Fortnite items:
… and much, much more!
Make these drawings come to life using your imagination, pencils and markers!
NOT OFFICIAL FORTNITE PRODUCT. NOT APPROVED BY OR ASSOCIATED WITH EPIC GAMES.