Online Library India
A Companion to the Anthropology of India
by Isabelle Clark-Decès
- Provides readers with an important new introduction to the anthropology of India
- Explores the larger global issues that have transformed India since the end of colonization, including demographic, economic, social, cultural, political, and religious issues
- Contributions by leading experts present up-to-date, comprehensive coverage of key topics such as population and life expectancy, civil society, social-moral relationships, caste and communalism, youth and consumerism, the new urban middle class, environment and health, tourism, public and religious cultures, politics and law
- Represents an authoritative guide for professional social and cultural anthropologists, and South Asian specialists, and an accessible reference work for students engaged in the analysis of India’s modern transformation
The FINTECH Book
by Susanne Chishti, Janos Barberis
The FINTECH Book is your primary guide to the financial technology revolution, and the disruption, innovation and opportunity therein. Written by prominent thought leaders in the global fintech investment space, this book aggregates diverse industry expertise into a single informative volume to provide entrepreneurs, bankers and investors with the answers they need to capitalize on this lucrative market. Key industry developments are explained in detail, and critical insights from cutting-edge practitioners offer first-hand information and lessons learned.
The financial technology sector is booming, and entrepreneurs, bankers, consultants, investors and asset managers are scrambling for more information: Who are the key players? What’s driving the explosive growth? What are the risks? This book collates insights, knowledge and guidance from industry experts to provide the answers to these questions and more.
- Get up to speed on the latest industry developments
- Grasp the market dynamics of the ‘fintech revolution’
- Realize the sector’s potential and impact on related industries
- Gain expert insight on investment and entrepreneurial opportunities
The fintech market captured over US$14 billion in 2014, a three-fold increase from the previous year. New startups are popping up at an increasing pace, and large banks and insurance companies are being pushed toward increasing digital operations in order to survive. The financial technology sector is booming and The FINTECH Book is the first crowd-sourced book on the subject globally, making it an invaluable source of information for anybody working in or interested in this space.
Integrated Indian Public Library System
by Dr. Kapil Singh Hada, Dr. R. p. Bajpai
Access to Knowledge in India
by Ramesh Subramanian, Lea Shaver
This is the third volume in our Access to Knowledge series. India is a $1 trillion economy which nevertheless struggles with a very high poverty rate and very low access to knowledge for almost seventy percent of its population which lives in rural areas.
This volume features four parts on current issues facing intellectual property, development policy (especially rural development policy) and associated innovation, from the Indian perspective. Each chapter is authored by scholars taking an interdisciplinary approach and affiliated to Indian or American universities and Indian think-tanks. Each examines a policy area that significantly impacts access to knowledge. These include information and communications technology for development; the Indian digital divide; networking rural areas; copyright and comparative business models in music; free and open source software; patent reform and access to medicines; the role of the Indian government in promoting access to knowledge internationally and domestically.
Investing in India, + Website
by Rahul Saraogi
India’s rapid economic growth offers obvious opportunities for foreign investors, but making wise investing decisions can be difficult for any investor without a deep knowledge of the country and its culture. With a vibrant democracy and an active press, India can be a complex and chaotic place in which investors can find it difficult to make investing decisions with confidence. This book offers an on-the-ground perspective on India from one of India’s most successful value investors. Looking deeply into the internal realities that impact India’s investment climate, Investing in India helps investors both inside and outside the country cut through the noise and find the facts that truly matter for anyone who wants to invest there.
- Features charts of stocks, markets, and other helpful Indian economic indicators
- Offers a real-world look at India’s politics and governance; its financial system and capital markets; its asset classes and equity markets; the private equity scene; and the real estate market
- Written by Indian value investing guru Rahul Saraogi
Value Chain Struggles
by Jeff Neilson, Bill Pritchard
- Offers a timely analysis of the social hardships of tea and coffee producers
- Takes the reader into the lives of growers in Southern India who are struggling with issues of value chain restructuring
- Reveals the ways that the restructuring triggers a series of political and economic struggles across a range of economic, social, and environmental arenas
- Puts into perspective claims about the impacts of recent changes to global trading relations on rural producers in developing countries