Sharepoint Online Document Library 5000 Limit
Deploying SharePoint 2016
by Vlad Catrinescu, Trevor Seward
What You’ll Learn
- Install SharePoint Server 2016, both using the user interface provided by Microsoft, and by using PowerShell
- Understand your authentication options and associated security considerations
- Deploy add-ins, either from the store, or from your own custom app catalog
- Configure Search Service Application using either the provided UI or PowerShell
- Configure business intelligence components such as Excel Services, SQL Server Reporting Services, and PowerPivot
- Migrate to SharePoint Server 2016 from either SharePoint Server 2010 or 2013
- Understand approaches to high availability, disaster recovery, patching, and ways to monitor and maintain your SharePoint 2016 deployment once it’s up and running
Who This Book Is For
Anyone tasked with installing, configuring, and maintaining SharePoint Server 2016 in their organization. This book assumes some working knowledge of a previous release of SharePoint Server, such as SharePoint 2010 or SharePoint 2013
by Errin O’Connor
Covers SharePoint 2013, Office 365’s SharePoint Online, and Other Office 365 Components
In SharePoint 2013 Field Guide, top consultant Errin O’Connor and the team from EPC Group bring together best practices and proven strategies drawn from hundreds of successful SharePoint and Office 365 engagements. Reflecting this unsurpassed experience, they guide you through deployments of every type, including the latest considerations around private, public, and hybrid cloud implementations, from ECM to business intelligence (BI), as well as custom development and identity management.
O’Connor reveals how world-class consultants approach, plan, implement, and deploy SharePoint 2013 and Office 365’s SharePoint Online to maximize both short- and long-term value. He covers every phase and element of the process, including initial “whiteboarding”; consideration around the existing infrastructure; IT roadmaps and the information architecture (IA); and planning for security and compliance in the new IT landscape of the hybrid cloud.
SharePoint 2013 Field Guide will be invaluable for implementation team members ranging from solution architects to support professionals, CIOs to end-users. It’s like having a team of senior-level SharePoint and Office 365 hybrid architectureconsultants by your side, helping you optimize your success from start to finish!
Detailed Information on How to…
- Develop a 24-36 month roadmap reflecting initial requirements, longterm strategies, and key unknowns for organizations from 100 users to 100,000 users
- Establish governance that reduces risk and increases value, covering the system as well as information architecture components, security, compliance, OneDrive, SharePoint 2013, Office 365, SharePoint Online, Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, and identity management
- Address unique considerations of large, global, and/or multilingual enterprises
- Plan for the hybrid cloud (private, public, hybrid, SaaS, PaaS, IaaS)
- Integrate SharePoint with external data sources: from Oracle and SQL Server to HR, ERP, or document management for business intelligence initiatives
- Optimize performance across multiple data centers or locations including US and EU compliance and regulatory considerations (PHI, PII, HIPAA, Safe Harbor, etc.)
- Plan for disaster recovery, business continuity, data replication, and archiving
- Enforce security via identity management and authentication
- Safely support mobile devices and apps, including BYOD
- Implement true records management (ECM/RM) to support legal/compliance requirements
- Efficiently build custom applications, workflows, apps and web parts
- Leverage Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Prepare for Exam 70-331—and help demonstrate your real-world mastery of Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013 core solutions. Designed for experienced IT professionals ready to advance their status, Exam Ref focuses on the critical-thinking and decision-making acumen needed for success at the MCSE level.
Focus on the expertise measured by these objectives:
- Design a SharePoint Topology
- Plan Security
- Install and Configure SharePoint Farms
- Create and Configure Web Applications and Site Collections
- Maintain a Core SharePoint Environment
This Microsoft Exam Ref:
- Organizes its coverage by exam objectives.
- Features strategic, what-if scenarios to challenge you.
Office 365: Migrating and Managing Your Business in the Cloud
by Matthew Katzer, Don Crawford
Cloud technology is a tremendous opportunity for an organization to reduce IT costs, and to improve productivity with increased access, simpler administration and improved services. Those businesses that embrace the advantages of the cloud will receive huge rewards in productivity and lower total cost of ownership over those businesses that choose to ignore it.
The challenge for those charged with implementing Microsoft Office 365 is to leverage these advantages with the minimal disruption of their organization. This book provides practical help in moving your business to the Cloud and covers the planning, migration and the follow on management of the Office 365 Cloud services.
Essential PowerShell for Office 365
by Vlad Catrinescu
Take your Office 365 skills to the next level. Master PowerShell for Office 365 to stay competitive in today’s world of highly sought after cloud management skills. With expert guidance, IT pros will learn how to leverage the muscle of PowerShell to automate many advanced administrative tasks not otherwise accessible in the Office 365 Admin Center. You will discover how to unlock configuration options and automate tasks in order to free up valuable time and resources.
This book is your companion to administering Office 365 with PowerShell. You will learn time-saving techniques such as how to streamline administrative tasks, and how to manage users, licenses, and Office 365 services. Expert and MVP Vlad Catrinescu introduces each chapter with an overview and basic fundamentals, such as how to connect to your required service in Office 365, so that you have a solid foundation for success. Benefit from learning the theory behind PowerShell for Office 365 and put your knowledge to practice with numerous hands-on code examples.
What You’ll Learn
- Manage users in bulk
- Export data such as user lists and groups
- Create and manage Office 365 groups
- Manage Exchange online distribution lists, mailboxes, and contacts
- Configure Skype for Business settings
- Perform compliance searches directly from PowerShell
Who This Book Is For
Any IT pro who needs to manage Office 365 or one of its services such as Exchange, SharePoint, or Skype for Business. Readers should have a basic knowledge of PowerShell and the Office 365 service they want to manage.
Pro SharePoint 2010 Administration
by Rob Garrett
Pro SharePoint 2010 Administration is a practical guide to SharePoint 2010 for intermediate to advanced SharePoint administrators and power users, covering the out-of-the-box feature set and capabilities of Microsoft’s collaboration and business productivity platform.
SharePoint 2010 is an incredibly complex product, with many moving parts, new features, best practices, and "gotchas." Author Rob Garrett distills SharePoint’s portfolio of features, capabilities, and utilities into an in-depth professional guide—with no fluff and copious advice—that is designed from scratch to be the manual Microsoft never wrote.
Starting with a detailed deployment and initial configuration walkthrough, the book covers all major feature areas, including document management, social computing, metadata management, and administration. You’ll also learn about planning for capacity, backup administration and disaster recovery, business intelligence, monitoring, and more. Unlike other books, Pro SharePoint 2010 Administration covers all elements of the product, but has a specific emphasis on features new and enhanced in the 2010 release.
Pro SharePoint 2010 Administration is the only book you’ll need as you set out to deploy and administer SharePoint 2010.
What you’ll learn Install SharePoint 2010 quickly and easily Manage and configure SharePoint using the central administration console Setup a suitable site structure, navigation model, and metadata Configure search Harness the power of social computing, document management, and business intelligence using out of the box features Use SharePoint to implement online processes, and integrate line of business systems Who this book is for
Pro SharePoint 2010 Administration is for IT professionals who set up or build SharePoint implementations. It is aimed at administrators and advanced power users who are responsible for SharePoint in a professional capacity. It is written for the type of person who will install and configure SharePoint, and then build a SharePoint implementation using the out-of-the-box features. Pro SharePoint 2010 Administration is the perfect book for advanced users who wish to build intranets, extranets, or Web sites using SharePoint 2010 functionality.
Table of Contents SharePoint 2010 Overview Installing and Configuring SharePoint 2010 Security and Policy People and Profiles Social Networking Site Content and Metadata Document and Records Management Business Intelligence Microsoft Office Integration Health, Monitoring, and Disaster Recovery
Inside Microsoft SharePoint 2013
by Scot Hillier, Ted Pattison, Mirjam van Olst, Andrew Connell
Build custom SharePoint solutions with architectural insights from the experts.
Take a deep dive into SharePoint 2013, and master the intricacies for designing and implementing robust apps and other business solutions for your organization. Led by an author team with in-depth knowledge of SharePoint architecture, you’ll thoroughly explore the SharePoint 2013 development platform and new app model through hands-on tasks and extensive code samples.
Discover how to:
- Create SharePoint-hosted, provider-hosted, and autohosted apps
- Master the new app security model with OAuth and Certificates
- Develop workflows with the SharePoint 2013 workflow model
- Design a custom search experience and create search-based apps
- Leverage the client-side object model and REST APIs
- Produce catalog-driven web sites with Web Content Management capabilities
- Get cloud-based data sources with Business Connectivity Services
- Create and utilize remote event receivers for lists and libraries
- Generate new social networking apps and solutions
Beginning PowerShell for SharePoint 2016
by Nikolas Charlebois-Laprade, John Edward Naguib
Use the latest tools to manage and automate tasks on Microsoft’s SharePoint platform. You will achieve time and cost savings, increase reliability of deployments, and learn how to safely and efficiently migrate from a previous version, all while gaining valuable skills in PowerShell scripting.
Authors Nik Charlebois-Laprade and John Edward Naguib begin by explaining the fundamental concepts behind the PowerShell language. Then, with copious real-world examples and scripts, they introduce PowerShell operations in the context of deploying, migrating, managing, and monitoring SharePoint 2016.
What You’ll Learn
What’s New in this Edition?
- Learn about the new SharePoint 2016 capabilities and min role
- Extend the default set of available PowerShell cmdlets for SharePoint 2016 by creating your own reusable Cmdlet functions with PowerShell 5.0
- Upgrade your on-premises SharePoint 2013 environment to SharePoint 2016 using PowerShell
Who This Book Is For
Administrators, developers, and DevOps engineers working with SharePoint 2016. No experience with PowerShell is required.
Professional SharePoint 2013 Administration
by Shane Young, Steve Caravajal, Todd Klindt
SharePoint admin author gurus return to prepare you for working with the new features of SharePoint 2013!
The new iteration of SharePoint boasts exciting new features. However, any new version also comes with its fair share of challenges and that’s where this book comes in. The team of SharePoint admin gurus returns to presents a fully updated resource that prepares you for making all the new SharePoint 2013 features work right. They cover all of the administration components of SharePoint 2013 in detail, and present a clear understanding of how they affect the role of the administrator.
- Compares and contrasts SharePoint 2013 to earlier versions
- Helps make your SharePoint 2013 installation smooth and successful
- Addresses managing customizations
- Looks at SharePoint 2013 for Internet sites
- Includes an introduction to SQL Server 2012
Professional SharePoint 2013 Administration enhances your SharePoint skill set and immerses you in the new content of the platform.
Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Administrator’s Companion
by Bill English, Brian Alderman, Mark Ferraz
Get the critical, in-depth information you need to administer SharePoint 2010. Led by SharePoint MVPs and featuring insights from the SharePoint community and members of the SharePoint Team at Microsoft, you’ll discover how to plan, design, deploy, and manage strategic solutions using SharePoint 2010, Microsoft SQL Server, Windows PowerShell, and other key technologies. Topics include architecture, deployment scenarios, design considerations, security best practices, high availability, performance, centralized administration, disaster recovery, customization, solution development, and upgrade and migration strategies. Key solutions include building and managing a server farm, automating tasks, FAST search application management, enterprise and web content management, and business intelligence.
For customers who purchase an ebook version of this title, instructions for downloading the CD files can be found in the ebook.